3 Ingredient Homemade
In 20 minutes
How Do You Make Ice Cream?
A traditional homemade ice cream recipe often starts with cooking a custard. The custard is then added to an ice cream machine that has been pre-frozen and churns until the custard freezes into a creamy delight. This ice cream is made with 3 simple ingredients, 3 easy steps and no ice cream maker is required!
- Heavy Whipping Cream – You can’t make ice cream without cream!
- Vanilla extract – This is what gives it that yummy vanilla flavor.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – It will add sweetness to the ice cream and help with the texture.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Begin by adding the heavy whipping cream to a large bowl and mixing it until stiff peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk and mix until just combined.
- Pour the vanilla ice cream base into a freezer-safe bowl. Add plastic wrap so it covers and touches the top of the ice cream. Add the lid and place it in the freezer for 6 hours or more. If you like soft-serve it will be ready in about 4 hours.
- Serve the ice cream with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Take It Up A NOTCH!
The possibilities to change the flavor of this ice cream are endless. Simply sprinkle in a handful of add-ins and freeze as directed. Swap of the vanilla for your favorite extracts.
- Add a swirl of peanut butter, nutella, or cookie butter.
- Broken bits of graham crackers/cookies or chopped nuts.
- Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or M&Ms.
- Fresh strawberries, peaches or cherries slightly mashed.
- Try adding edible cookie dough for the ultimate treat!
If stored in an airtight container in the freezer the ice cream will last a few weeks before crystallization happens.