Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
You don’t need a deep fryer to make crispy chicken! These Oven Fried Chicken Pieces come out super crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. You would never know this chicken was made in the oven!
To get the crispy breading I start by coating the chicken in flour, egg then seasoned breadcrumbs. Then I bake in a hot oven until golden brown and crispy for 40-45 minutes.
Support the Website
- 5 chicken quarters seprated (10 pieces)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cajun spices or hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Chicken Seasoning
Use any combination of spices you perfer to your liking. Try different spices each time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings in a small bowl with the eggs and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the chicken pieces.
- Pour the seasoned egg mixture on top of the chicken pieces. and set aside.
- In another small bowl add the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Working in a line start by dipping chicken one at a time in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked and golden brown.