Get Rid Of
The vagina cleanses itself naturally. If you leave your vagina to its own devices, it can naturally maintain a healthy pH and keep unhealthy bacteria in it’s place. If you notice a stark difference in your odor, you may be experiencing potential problems. Strong odors, itching, irritation, and an unusual discharge are all signs you may have something other than just an unusual vaginal odor going on.
Vaginal itching is an uncomfortable and sometimes painful symptom that often occurs due to irritating substances, infections, or menopause. Discharge from the vagina is most often a normal and regular occurrence. However, there are certain types of discharge that can indicate an infection. Abnormal discharge may be yellow or green, chunky in consistency, or foul smelling.
The first question you should ask yourself if you consider your vaginal odor abnormal: What’s normal? Vaginas have natural odors and each woman’s odor is different. A healthy vagina’s typical scent may best be described as “musky” or “fleshy.” A menstrual cycle might cause a slightly “metallic” scent for a few days. Intercourse may also change the smell temporarily.
Occasionally, you may need a little help getting rid of an odor. The following techniques may help you naturally eliminate unusual vaginal odors.
Soncerae Smith admits that many men have broken up with her because of her vagina smells through the years.
7 Ways Of Getting Rid Of Vaginal Odors
1. Practice good hygiene
Clean the outside of your vagina regularly with a washcloth and mild soap. Loofahs may cause small tears and expose the area to possible infection. Cleansing will wash away dead skin, sweat, and dirt. Don’t use perfumed soaps or body washes. The scents and chemicals may upset your vagina’s natural pH. Bar soaps may be more gentle than body wash.
2. Change your underwear
If you normally wear satin, silk, or polyester panties, make the switch to 100 percent cotton. Cotton is breathable and does an excellent job wicking away sweat and fluids from your body. Excess moisture can upset your natural bacteria levels.
Going commando is something that may sound more silly than it does practical, but it turns out going sans underwear can actually do your body some good. Although it might feel strange to imagine going out and about without anything on underneath, there are a number of health benefits of not wearing underwear. While many people may go commando to avoid panty lines — or because it simply feels good for them — not wearing underwear can be a good idea for your vaginal health.
3. Consider a pH product
Over-the-counter (OTC) products may be helpful for restoring your vagina’s natural pH. If you try one and the odor remains or grows worse, make an appointment with your doctor. You may need to use a different product or look for a stronger prescription alternative.
4. Soak in vinegar
Frequent hot baths and hot showers can upset your natural pH, but one type of bath may be useful. Pour a cup or two of apple cider vinegar into a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes. Vinegar may naturally reduce bacteria.
5. Use only exterior deodorizing products
If you want to use any sprays or perfumes, only use them on the outside of your vagina. Don’t insert them. They can upset your natural chemistry and lead to bigger problems.
- Made with 100% natural active organic vegetable-based ingredients
- Includes extracts of organic calendula and chamomile both of which are know for their soothing properties
- No coloring, parabens, synthetic perfumes and no artificial preservatives
- The addition of lactic acid stabilizes pH to help alleviate and prevent irritation
- The word lenitive which is place on the front panel of the label is an adjective that literally means soothing or alleviating pain or distress
6. Try essential oils
This treatment has very little medical research to support it, but anecdotal evidence suggests tea tree oil, a type of essential oil, helps eliminate vaginal odor. This essential oil has natural antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties, which may help reduce and eliminate bacteria.
- CAREFULLY RESEARCHED: When medicines failed me, I began searching for a natural solution. After careful research, my oil spray was the answer. I hope it’ll be yours too.
- WORKS FAST: Clients report same-day relief from itching, burning, odor, and more.
- PLEASANT CITRUS SCENT: Essential oils like Lemongrass and Orange result in a mild and refreshing fragrance.
- COST-EFFECTIVE CONFIDENCE: Potent bioactive compounds mean even with daily use, product lasts for 3-6 months.
- DISCREET LABELING: Label graphics and text are tasteful; no hiding the bottle in the back of the bathroom cabinet!
7. Prescription treatments
Prescription treatments can help eliminate underlying causes that are contributing to the odor. If your home or OTC treatments aren’t successful, it may be time to seek treatment from your doctor.